If you use Apple Maps on your iPhone to get to our Palos Heights Family Dental, but you don’t see our new address at 6446 W. 127th Street, Suite #1 in the app, you may need to complete a manual update.
You can do so by clearing the app’s location history. Keep reading for a step-by-step guide to help you make the update on your phone.
How to Clear the Location History in the Apple Maps App on Your Phone
Complete the following steps to clear the location history in your Apple Maps app on your iPhone:
- Launch the Apple Maps app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to reveal the information panel.
- Under Recents tab, select See All.
- Next to Today, This Month or Older, select Clear to delete that period’s location history. Doing so will remove stored location details, including our previous Palos Heights Family Dental location information for College Avenue.
- Once complete, return to the app’s main screen and search for Palos Heights Family Dental in Palos Heights, Ill. You should see our new location returned (you may also see our former location returned with a label marked “permanently closed”).
- Select our new location and save it to Favorites.
Your update is complete!
More About App Updates
When Apple has additions to the Apple Maps app, it automatically updates. However, there’s no indication to users of how often those updates occur.
Furthermore, there’s no way to force any other updates to the app on your iPhone or other Apple device to obtain newer maps.
Apple does allow users suggestions for updates to existing or missing entries. Once submitted, it can take 4-6 weeks for review and implementation.