You often see quotes and insights from thought-leading practitioners in media stories online and off. It’s true in the dental community too. Palos Heights Family Dental is proud to be among those helping add context to stories about dental practices by answering media inquiries and providing comments on all kinds of questions. Two articles recently featured safe and best practices from Dr. Patel.
Article on Saving Money through Oral Health by Best Company
Best Company is an independent and impartial review site for consumers and businesses. On June 10, 2020, Best Company posted a blog article on good preventative oral practices and saving money. Categorizing good oral health practices into five categories (Eating, Brushing, Flossing, Swishing, and Visiting), the article quoted our own Dr. Patel and other dentists with recommendations in each category, including:
- Eating: Stay hydrated especially as you age, and limit coffee consumption (it stains teeth!)
- Brushing: Choose a toothbrush with soft bristles, don’t press too hard when brushing (it can damage your gums), and replace your regular toothbrush every two to three months.
- Flossing: Whether you use string floss or water, don’t stop flossing. Some alternatives, like floss with handles or water piks, can make it easier.
- Swishing: Gum health is important to help prevent periodontal disease, which can increase the chances of other major diseases.
- Visiting: Visit the dentist twice a year to keep your teeth and gums healthy and clean, and address any issues early.
For more best practices from Dr. Patel’s full quotes, read the article by Alicia Stevens on the Best Company blog.
Online Daily 24 on Reopening Preparations
We’ve been working hard to ensure that our practices here in Palos Heights and in Romeoville are at the forefront of sanitization and other office protocol processes as we reopen. These efforts resulted in another highlight of best practices from Dr. Patel, this time in a June 16, 2020 article in Online Daily 24. The article featured comments from leading dentists, about safe reopening processes. Read the full article here.
Palos Heights Family Dental Open for Appointments
To follow Dr. Patel’s advice above and learn even more about preventative dental maintenance straight from the doctor’s mouth, please schedule an appointment, fill out this form, or call our office at (708) 448-7588.
We’re taking every precaution with leading sanitization practices ongoing and especially now. To learn more about how we’re handling office visits during the pandemic, read our recent blog “Safe Practices You Trust”.
We’re ready when you are.