State of the Palos Heights Office One Year After Reopening during the COVID-19 Pandemic
Last year after almost three months of shutdown due to COVID-19, we carefully reopened our office. That was exactly one year ago! Reopening meant reinforcing the safety and sterilization practices we’ve always prioritized and undertaking additional precautions based on the requirements of the CDC, State, and Local officials.
Since then, we’ve seen most if not all of you return for your regular visits, and met a lot of new patients too! We’re very grateful for this community full of people who take care of themselves and each other.
Now, as people begin to gather again and businesses start to move back toward full capacity, we are happy and remain careful to keep it that way. We thought this one-year anniversary of reopening was a perfect time to provide a reminder/update about what has changed and which precautions remain in place.
What Has Changed Over the Past Year?
Two big things have changed since we first reopened, and we’re thrilled about both of them!
- We got the COVID-19 vaccination, and so did many of you! That makes us all safer and provides much-needed, very welcome peace of mind even as we maintain the highest standards of cleanliness and safety.
- For a while, we were prioritizing only the most critical dental services and postponing cosmetic procedures. We are delighted to report that for some time now we have been back to full service, including all critical, preventative, and cosmetic procedures.
What Sanitization and Safety Measures Are Still In Place?
Most of the measures we put in place a year ago remain in effect. That’s partly because they are simply best practices for the health and wellbeing of our staff and our patients. But some are still “extra” and we’re OK with that. As long as we still have patients who have yet to be vaccinated, including most children, we want to do all we can to keep them safe from the Coronavirus.
For a complete overview of our COVID-19 precautions, check out our blog post from one year ago, COVID-19 Reopening: Safe Practices You Trust. Here’s a summary of what we have not changed:
- Following CDC Guidance for Dental Care Facilities
- Sanitizing equipment, surfaces, and our hands constantly, as always, with leading sterilization practices
- Minimizing the use of aerosols and using air purifiers
- Wearing protective face coverings, eyewear, and gloves
- Requiring patients to wear face coverings when not receiving treatment
- Pre-screening via email, text check-in, and remote waiting
- Using a sanitized tablet in place of paperwork
- Maintaining social distance when possible
What’s Next for Palos Heights Family Dental?
Big smiles and business as usual! We look forward to your next preventative visit and welcome you any time you need us. You can contact us anytime. To schedule your visit now, fill out this form, or call our office at (708) 448-7588.