You don’t have to break the bank to get a smile makeover. One of the easiest and most popular ways for patients to revitalize their smiles is with teeth whitening. More than just improving your smile’s appearance, bright, white teeth can do a lot to boost your self-confidence too. At Palos Heights Family Dental, we provide professional teeth whitening that’ll dramatically improve the shade of your teeth.
Get ready to show off a bright, white smile!Schedule an Appointment
What Causes Tooth Discoloration?
There are many different culprits behind tooth discoloration. Two of the main types of staining are extrinsic discoloration (stains to the outer layer of teeth) and intrinsic discoloration (darkening of the inner structure of teeth).
Here are some of the common causes of tooth discoloration:
- Beverages, such as coffee, wine, and soda
- Foods, such as berries, tomato sauce, and colored candy
- Smoking or chewing tobacco
- Certain medications
- Certain illnesses or medical conditions
- Excessive fluoride
- Dental trauma
Why You Should Choose Professional Teeth Whitening
While we know there are plenty of drugstore teeth whitening products out there, getting your teeth professionally whitened at a dentist’s office offers a number of benefits:
- When you go to a dentist’s office for whitening, we can provide a thorough cleaning so plaque and tartar don’t get in the way of whitening your teeth to their fullest potential.
- We’ll be there to carefully apply and customize the whitening, so you can get the shade you want and even results across all of your teeth.
- Since your treatment is supervised by dental professionals, we can make sure your enamel or gums don’t get damaged in the process.
- We use stronger bleaching agents compared to over-the-counter products that’ll provide more dramatic whitening.
- Professional teeth whitening gives you long-lasting results.
Want more to learn more? Contact our office today!Schedule an Appointment