Can You Brush Your Teeth After A Tooth Extraction?
Essential Steps for Speedy Healing
- Gentle Brushing: Don’t skip your routine, but be extra careful near the extraction site for 24 hours. Avoid swishing, brush softly, and let fluids flow naturally.
- Soft Food Feast: Nourish yourself with easy-to-chew options like yogurt, pudding, and applesauce for the first day. Gradually expand your menu with mashed potatoes, scrambled eggs, and broth-based soups. Avoid chewy and sticky foods for 4-5 days to prevent clot disruption.
- Chew Wisely: Favor the opposite side of your mouth when chewing and ditch the straw for the first week. Suction can dislodge the clot and prolong recovery.
- Follow Doctor’s Orders: Religiously take prescribed pain medication and antibiotics. Regular checkups ensure proper healing and identify potential complications.
Why You Should Choose Palos Heights Family Dental for Your Tooth Extraction
- Experienced Professionals: Our team of skilled dentists and oral surgeons prioritizes your comfort and optimal results.
- Pain-Minimizing Techniques: We utilize state-of-the-art technology and gentle approaches to minimize discomfort during and after the procedure.
- Personalized Care: We understand every patient’s unique needs and tailor our post-extraction instructions for a smooth and speedy recovery.
Ready to Say Goodbye to Toothaches? Contact Us Today!
Schedule a consultation at 708-448-7588 and let our expert team guide you through a stress-free tooth extraction and a swift recovery. Remember, proper aftercare is key to a pain-free and successful outcome!